So, are you going to write an organic chemistry assignment but don’t know how to tackle the challenges? Don’t worry at all because it’s a common problem with various students that you can resolve easily. By understanding and learning various crucial concepts and interesting chemistry topics, like chemical reactions, organic molecules, functional groups, etc., you will be able to write a perfect chemistry assignment.
According to the book Challenges in Chemistry Graduate Education, there was a time when chemists faced a decline in employment rate from more than 1,035,000 in 1900 to 985,000 in 2000 to 789,000 in 2010. However, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report, you don’t have to worry about it anymore as it is growing and expected to grow 6% more from 2022 to 2032, with around 7200 job openings for chemists and material scientists each year.
If we look at what is organic chemistry? We will get to know that it is a branch of chemistry which deals with the study of carbon-containing organic substances along with hydrogen, nitrogen, etc., or we can say that it is the study of hydrocarbon and their derivatives.
Undoubtedly, it’s a tough subject, and students often find expert assistance to learn and write it. If you also need help in writing a research paper or assignment in organic chemistry, get assignment writing services from a reliable company like The Academic Papers UK.
Whether you are a researcher in the field or a student studying organic chemistry, you might have run into problems or challenges when writing your projects. Here, we will go through these typical challenges and difficulties students face when writing assignments on organic chemistry and offer their workable solutions.
Top 5 Challenges and Solutions in Writing Organic Chemistry Assignments
Organic chemistry students undergo a lot of phases and challenges while writing their homework assignments. The first and most common challenge they face is selecting the best topic for organic chemistry assignments according to their interests. But, mostly, teachers help in this regard by providing a variety of interesting chemistry topics to choose from.
A few common challenges and their solutions are listed below that you must reward before writing your assignment on organic chemistry.
1: Complicated Concepts and Reactions
We all know that organic chemistry involves complex concepts and a lot of reactions. When you try to remember a new reaction with its mechanism, you often forget the previous one. These reactions and concepts are not difficult to understand, but memorising them is indeed an uphill battle.
Here is an example of a complex organic chemistry reaction with its mechanism from the book Multicomponent Reactions:
Most students find it difficult to learn all of the different reactions, mechanisms, and structures, which makes it challenging to put these concepts into words while writing organic chemistry assignments.
- Break Down Difficult Topics: To understand and learn organic chemistry concepts and reactions, break down your larger and difficult topics into some smaller, easier-to-understand tasks.
- Use Visual Aids: To show difficult concepts and larger reactions with their mechanisms, use colourful markers to draw arrows and structures. You can also use charts, graphs, and molecular models. Including visual aids in your project can improve its readability and draw the reader in.
- Ask For Help: When you come across difficult topics, don’t be afraid to ask your teacher or fellows for help. You can also get chemistry assignment help online from online resources. Having a conversation with someone about challenging subjects helps improve understanding.
2: Comprehensive Memorisation
Memorising several chemical structures, reactions, and processes is a common need in organic chemistry assignment writing, which can be mentally and physically exhausting for students.
Chemistry subject overall demands extensive memorisation of different concepts of every field, including organic and inorganic chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry and physical chemistry.
- Make Flashcards: You can use flashcards that will help you in your memorisation of key concepts, chemical structures, and reaction mechanisms. By going through these flashcards frequently, you can enhance and strengthen your memory.
Here are some memorising tricks given in the book “Oswaal NCERT Exemplar Problem-Solutions, Class 12 (3 Book Sets) Physics, Chemistry, Biology (For Exam 2022)” by Oswaal Editorial Board, 2022.
- Regular Practice: To increase your memorisation of difficult concepts, go through them on a daily basis. It will help you to solve issues by regularly practising difficult reactions.
- Sort and Organise the Data: Organise the data you want to learn and memorise intro groups or categories so that you can easily find them. It may be simpler to recall and recover as needed as a result.
3: Managing Time Properly
Organic chemistry assignments can be difficult to balance with other schoolwork and responsibilities, which might cause time management problems. However, if you have a short time to complete your assignment on organic molecules or biologically active compounds, follow these effective solutions:
- Make a Timetable: Create a study plan that allows particular times for completing projects related to organic chemistry. Strictly follow that schedule to make sure that you have adequate time to do your duties timely.
- Set job priorities: Set the most important assignments into priority lists according to their complexity and due dates. You can then concentrate your attention on the things that really matter. Set deadlines according to the submission date and try to complete it days before submission.
4: Appropriate Citations and Referencing
Organic chemistry assignment writing frequently requires correctly citing sources and making references to earlier studies. Inadequate referencing can result in academic dishonesty and plagiarism.
You can check the importance of referencing from the book The Complete Guide to Referencing and Avoiding Plagiarism by Colin Neville:
- Use a Consistent Citation Style: Use the same and your instructor’s citation styles like APA, MLA, or Chicago consistently in your tasks by being familiar with them.
- Observe Your Sources: When conducting research for your assignment, keep a record of every source you consult. It will help you to provide correct citations and references in the future as a result.
- Ask for Advice: Consult your instructor or use internet resources and instructions if you’re unclear about how to properly reference something.
5: Editing and Proofreading
If you dare to submit your assignment without editing and proofreading, it may lead to failure. Spelling, punctuation, and organisational errors negatively impact the quality of your organic chemistry assignment. If your instructors find these mistakes while checking your assignment in organic chemistry, they will surely not go further because they don’t like such mistakes in students’ writing.
- Proofread Carefully: After finishing your assignment, take a short break and then give it a comprehensive review. Check for consistency in layout and organisation, as well as mistakes in grammar and spelling.
- Get Advice from Experts: Request advisors or mentors to give feedback on your assignment. New eyes may notice errors that you might have overlooked.
- Use Editor Software: Make use of grammar and spell-checking tools like Grammarly to help find and fix mistakes.
Organic chemistry assignment writing can be difficult, but you can overcome the difficulties in this field of study if you know the appropriate tricks and approaches. By following the above-mentioned solutions, you will be well-prepared to succeed in your assignments in organic chemistry. So, make use of these solutions in practice to excel in your academic journey.
Mostly, students hire chemistry assignment writers to get assignment writing help online. No doubt, it is the best way to achieve success and write a perfect winning assignment from a trustworthy platform. One such reliable company is offers 24/7 assignment writing services online.