The Certified Management Accountant course (CMA) is a globally recognized course conducted by the Institute of Management Accountants in the USA. When you look for the US CMA, there are several elements to check out like its eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, and fee structure in India.
Today US CMA-certified candidates are in high demand all over the world, including countries like India.
Who is Eligible to take the US CMA Course in India?
The US CMA is one of the popular Finance and Accounting courses in India. If you wish to pursue the course in India, here are important eligibility criteria that you should have.
The minimum eligibility qualification to pursue the US CMA course in India is graduation in any stream from any recognized university in India. Of course, candidates with educational qualifications in commerce-related backgrounds like BCom, BBA, or BBA can understand the topics easily and crack the exam much more conveniently.
US CMA is a professional course. So, more than just the educational eligibility will be needed to pursue the course. Candidates aspiring to pursue the US CMA course should also have 2 years of practical experience in relevant fields. The experience should be a minimum of 2 years in the case of full-time jobs and 4 years in the case of part-time jobs.
US CMA Course Module
The US CMA course is professional training for candidates who wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in accounting, management, and financial planning. Understanding the curriculum and syllabus is essential when you wish to know what US CMA is.
The US CMA course has two parts to cross for the candidates to get a certificate. Both the parts train the candidates in different subjects.
US CMA Part 1:
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Performance Management
- Cost Management
- Internal Controls
- Technology and Analytics
US CMA Part 2:
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Decision Analysis
- Risk Management
- Investment Decisions
- Professional Ethics
US CMA Course Duration
Candidates pursuing the US CMA course have a duration of 6 months to 9 months to complete the course and pass the exam. After completing the course, the candidates will also have to complete a work experience of 2 years. Candidates can apply for certification only after passing both the exams and completing the work experience tenure.
Many candidates also pursue the course while working. So, IMA offers a maximum duration of 3 years to pass the exams so that candidates can balance the course with their work commitments.
US CMA Exam Pattern
Apart from the US CMA course duration and details of India like the syllabus, you should also know about the exam pattern to practice and prepare for the exam better.
IMA conducts the US CMA exams three times a year which are:
- January – February
- May – June
- September – October
To appear in the exams, the candidates should book the exam seats at least 72 hours before the exam.
US CMA exams have 2 parts and each part is of 4 hours duration. The questions in the paper are divided into a 75:25 ratio. 75% of the exam paper has objective-type questions while the other 25% consists of essay-type questions. In terms of duration, candidates will get 3 hours for answering 100 objective questions and 1 hour for attempting two essay-type questions.
US CMA Course Fee Structure
When you enquire about what is US CMA, the most important thing that you cannot miss out on is the fee structure of the course. You should know whether the course is within your budget or not. Also, you should know how you will plan to pay for the course.
The US CMA course fees have three elements. First is the initial registration fee of Rs. 6000. To appear in the CMA Intermediate exam or US CMA Part 1 exam, you have to make a registration fee payment of Rs. 22,000. After you have passed the Part 1 exam, you have to register again for the next part. US CMA Part 2 or CMA Final exam registration fee will cost you Rs. 25000.
Apart from the actual US CMA fee, you also may have to pay for the coaching classes where you have enrolled for the exam preparation.
If you are looking for a short-term financial course to get an entryway into the finance world or to enhance your career in accounting, the US CMA is one of the popular options to go for. If you wish to know about the US CMA, one of the best ways is to enroll in a professional coaching class like Zell Education. Zell does not only offer professional training in preparing the candidates for the exam but also offers job assistance.