Kurta sets are an elegant way to incorporate ethnic wear into your daily wardrobe. They offer the ease of simply throwing on a top and pants while making you look put-together and stylish. Kurta sets are also versatile as you can wear them with minimal jewellery or dress them up with statement accessories for special occasions. A diverse collection of kurta sets will come in clutch when you need ethnic wear for casual events, can’t decide what to wear for parties during festivals, and ceremonies such as haldi and mehendi during the wedding season.
While most kurta sets follow a similar pattern for the neckline and bottoms, Aachho is breaking this monotony with the twist of fusion. The brand carries kurta sets that reflect rich Indian textile and embroidery works such as chikankari, leheriya, and handblock. Aaccho’s kurta sets are a must-have as they offer a fresh take on ethnic clothing with trendy elements like tiered designs, necklines such as halter, V, and keyhole, as well as hand-painted details. Scroll on for the top 10 stunning styles we recommend from Aaccho.
- Matching White: All-white outfits make you look ethereal and will be the easiest thing to put on last minute as it requires minimal styling. Wear a white kurta and pants set to family gatherings or formal parties and you are sure to turn heads. Pick from Aaccho’s swan white embroidered kurta set or the beige embroidered kurta and pants with dupatta. Pro tip: You can mix-match the white pieces with colourful garments to create multiple looks.
- Handpainted: Become the centre of attention at every party with intricate hand-painted kurta sets from Aaccho. The floral motifs are painted by local artisans trained in rich Indian traditional crafts. Wear the peach rose hand-painted satin kurta and pants set with dupatta by Aaccho to steal hearts on Valentine’s Day this year.
- Tie-Dyes: Named after the Rajasthani word for “waves,” leheriya is a traditional Indian hand-dyeing technique that creates distinctive patterns. Opt for the Malibu leheriya dupatta with white kurta and pants for Holi 2024. The square neckline of the strappy kurta and the colourful chiffon dupatta give the set a fusion look. Plus points for pants that will keep you comfortable through all the dancing and merriment.
- Twirl-Worthy Silhouettes: If you love some flare and a whole lot of drama (plus twirling), Anarkali suits should be your go-to. For the ultimate royal princess vibes, buy the monochrome red Kaina embroidered anarkali kurta and pants set for the next wedding you attend. This set has a romantic feel with twinkling sequin details and a sweetheart neckline.
- Royal Fabrics: Attending a function during winter? Velvet should be your go-to fabric choice as it keeps you warm while adding a touch of royalty to your traditional outfits. Aachho’s vintage blue velvet handcrafted suit features full sleeves, a keyhole neck, and a beautiful two-toned dupatta. The classic green velvet handcrafted suit is also a great choice for outdoor events.
- Statement Dupatta: Many of Aachho’s kurta sets have gota patti work, which is a traditional Rajasthani technique of adding metallic applique to the fabric. Statement dupattas with solid kurtas and pants are an ideal choice if you want to add bling to casual outfits. Try the Dyuti gota patti tier suit set that has a smocked tiered top for a modern touch, tapered pants for comfort, and a beautiful organza dupatta with gota patti work that ties the look together.
- Jackets: Handling a dupatta may not be for everyone and it is also not friendly for long daily commutes. Jackets or shrugs are the perfect alternative as they still add drama and a touch of femininity. The Mastani cotton gota patti kurta set by Aachho features a long, sleeveless jacket with contrasting prints. It is a great choice for the summer and you can style the pieces separately to create fusion outfits. For example, wear the jacket with a white top, denim jeans, and oxidised jewellery for an indo-western look.
- Trending Embroidery: The top trend in kurtas for 2023, chikankari work is not going away anytime soon. The trending Chikankari kurta looks chic and can be styled with several different bottoms. However, Aachho’s majestic green Chikankari sharara set proves that you can never have too much embroidery work. You can also choose the blackbird Chikankari anarkali set for a bold contemporary look.
- Bold & Breezy: Cotton kurtas are great for the summer as they are lightweight and breathable. The black hand-block kurta with pants and dupatta will become your favourite as the temperatures rise. The handblock print gives the illusion of intricate work while keeping it breezy. The halter-neck kurta will also keep you cool.
- Flared Bottoms: If you are looking to take a break from the regular straight churidars or flared palazzo pants, opting for sharara suits is your best bet. Sharara bottoms highlight your curves as they are fitted at the waist and flare at the bottom. The Nilkanta embroidered sharara by Aachho features a flared sharara, a smocked kurta with statement sleeves, and a dupatta with embroidery and gota patti work.